Exhausted from a number of consecutive long days, I entered Florence on fumes. I’d been to Florence twice, in 1997 & 1998, and it hadn’t been my favorite city on either visit.
I ended up having a lovely evening strolling around the city’s ancient center, with it’s impressive Reniassance-era Duomo and gothic Palazzo Vecchio.
The outdoor part of the Uffizi Gallery is one of a kind.
With the tourist crowds leaving the city after dark, I had the quiet banks of the River Arno to myself.
After a memorable visit to a local craft beer bar, known as Beer Club House, I wandered back to my hotel glad I’d given Florence another chance, even if it was only for the evening.
Europe 2013 Posts-
- Day 1- Golden Circle & a Reykjavik Walk
- The Golden Circle, Iceland
- Photo Essay- Þingvellir National Park, Iceland
- Photo Essay- Gulfoss Waterfall, Iceland
- Photo Essay- Geysir & The Haukadalur Valley, Iceland
- Photo Essay- Skálholt & Kerið
- Day 2- A Church, A Lagoon, & Native Cuisine
- Photo Essay- Hallgrimskirkja
- Photo Essay- The Blue Lagoon
- Cafe Loki- Adventures in Icelandic Cuisine, Part One
- Tapas Barinn – Adventures in Icelandic Cuisine, Part Two
- Day 3- A Long, Bloody History
- Photo Essay- The Saga Museum, Reykjavik
- Photo Essay- Borgarnes, Iceland
- Day 4- Iceland in Miniature
- Photo Essay- Helgafell & Stykkishólmur
- Photo Essay- The Snæfellsnes Peninsula, Iceland
- Iceland’s Bjarnahofn
- Driving in Iceland
Beers & Bars of the Europe 2013 Trip:
- Microbar- Reykjavik, Iceland
- Cafe Gollem- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Moeder Lambic- Brussels, Belgium
- Beer Mania- Brussels, Belgium
- Delirium Tap House, Brussels
- Cantillon Brewery, Brussels
- Four More Brussels Bars
- De Halve Maan Brewery, Bruges
- Drinking in Poperinge, Belgium
- In De Vrede, Westetvletern, Belgium
- The Hofbrauhaus, Munich